Our absolute priority is keeping you and our staff safe. Thatâ€™s why weâ€™re taking great care to put comprehensive social distancing measures in place.
We look forward to welcoming you all.
Rainforest Cafe takes the safety and wellbeing of its employees, customers and third parties working with us very seriously. In line with our values, we have completed comprehensive risk assessments for the restaurant operations and services. We follow guidance issued by the Government, the devolved governments in the UK, and Public Health scientific advisors.
Rainforest Cafe has completed comprehensive risk assessments of the services we offer to our customers and of our operating procedures, working practices and workplaces across our entire estate. We have identified a range of controls to manage the risk of COVID-19 cross contamination and transmission. Where the risk of Covid-19 cannot be controlled to an acceptable level, we have suspended these services and work activities. Where services can be offered by an alternative means this has been implemented so that the Rainforest Cafe can still service our customers.
The following areas of the Rainforest Cafe have been risk assessed:
- Retail Store
- Restaurant floor
- Kitchen area
- Back offices
As a result of the risk assessments, we have implemented (where reasonably practicable) a range of controls which include:
- Where risk of transmission cannot be controlled, services and work activities have been suspended.
- We have enhanced cleaning, hand-washing and hygiene procedures in line with official guidance for all our operations.
- All staff interacting with the public are required to clean work areas, use hand sanitiser and wash their hands every 30mins.
- As well as daily hygiene briefings with staff, hand sanitiser will be made available on entry for both staff and our guests.
- Staff temperatures are checked before entering the premises.
- We have strongly enforced the rule of 6 (this includes infants and buggies), including families within the same household.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2 metre or 1 metre plus with mitigation for social distance in the workplace. Where social distancing is not always possible, we have put in place measures to manage transmission risk including limiting the number of customers in our venue, one-way pedestrian traffic systems where practicable, sneeze screens and barriers.
- It isÂ mandatory for staffs that are public-facing to wear face covering. It is also mandatory for the public who come into our retail store and restaurant to wear face coverings.
- Customers may remove their mask once seated at a table, but will be required to wear it even when passing to use the restrooms.
- The latest table available to book is at 20:45, and all customers must leave the premises by 22:00 as per government restrictions.
- We have closed our bar area and customers who arrive early for their reservation are advised to come back to the premises, closer to the time of their booking.
- We have increased the level of signage in the workplace, restaurant floor and in our retail store to ensure that social distancing and hygiene standards are observed.
- We have provided information, instruction and training to ensure staff members are fully aware of the precautions needed to control transmission.
- We are limiting the number of staff working in the restaurant and our offices.
- We also monitor the implementation of the controls across the staff and compliance is tracked and reported to the Executive Team.
- We collect personal data to support test and trace procedures.
The risk assessments are reviewed and updated weekly by our safety department to ensure controls are still relevant and being implemented.
Rainforest Cafe will continue to review the impact of local restriction and lockdowns across the UK and keep our customers informed of the impact to the services we offer.